Area: Leadership Team
Closing Date: 8th March 2019
Contract: Permanent (Full-time)
Who We Are
EPIC Risk Management is an award-winning, independent, gambling harm minimisation consultancy.
Our company philosophy – “to make gambling safer and fairer for all” is at the heart of everything we do, ensuring that we create maximum value and impact for our clients. We believe that we have the best client base in the business, including the likes of Kindred Group, New Zealand Rugby, the Professional Cricketers Association, Sky Betting and Gaming, The English Football League, the British Army, Chelsea FC and more recently GVC Holdings. We work professionally, discreetly and effectively in improving processes, ensuring sustainability and providing high quality risk management and education services.
Our work has been recognised with both social and business awards, including recent accolades from Lloyds Bank National Business Awards, NatWest Great British Entrepreneurs Awards and social recognition through both UnLtd and Big Issue Invest.
Our ethos is simple – we only employ brilliant people who do brilliant work and are brilliant to work with. We need people like this within our team to ensure we continue to deliver truly outstanding work for our clients and grow accordingly. It is our belief that amazing work can only be achieved with diversity of minds and thoughts, and an inclusive culture that allows everyone to bring their true selves to work.
To attract and develop great people we also need great managers and this role will be crucial in developing our position in the RET market as part of the new National Gambling Strategy and with clients across the highest risk sectors for gambling harms.
Purpose of Job
We are looking for an exceptional Professional Sports Manager with a passion for all things sport, but a particular interest in elite team sports and academies.
Working with some of the world’s largest brands and high-profile clients, as a Pro Sport Manager you would be responsible for the efficient day to day management of client relationships as well as creating, delivering and supervising outstanding gambling awareness and education sessions.
- You are the central component within this strand of work, ensuring smooth running of all contracts and expanding this area of the business both domestically and internationally.
- You are responsible for day to day contact with our clients and maintaining/fostering the existing relationships at EPIC.
- Ensuring that clients needs are met with modules and specialised training.
- Ensuring our clients always feel they are getting the BEST and most professional service possible.
- Providing informed information and counsel to clients as well as high class education sessions.
- You need be viewed by clients and team members as a trusted hard-working team player working with our brilliant Pro Sport Facilitators.
- You need to demonstrate a clear passion for sport and be completely behind our aims and objectives within this area. You may be an ex player, if not you need to show you can hold their respect and attention.
- Understanding how to manage contracts and clients.
- Understand our clients and be able to manage smooth delivery of contracts.
- Spotting opportunities within the business whether it is for this area of the business or others.
- Keep all members of the team up-to-date with work and ensure that regular internal status meetings are arranged, keeping your team informed of any developments or changes.
- Give clear guidance and constant feedback to your team – lead by example
- Report professionally up to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team.
- Background in Professional Sport maybe as player (preferable but not compulsory).
- MS Office Skills – particularly, strong PowerPoint and reporting skills.
- Outstanding communication and speaking skills. Confident public speaker.
- Positive, proactive, solution driven – always thinking one step ahead.
- Document and presentation writing skills should be strong – you should deliver relevant, quality work of a high standard within timescales.
- Demonstrable evidence that you can lead a team.
- Display strong relationships with clients, both in terms of rapport and respect.
- Experience of creating and delivering projects or education programmes.
- Media trained and comfortable representing the business at external events.
- Passion for delivering excellent service to clients
- Collaborative approach to work
- Flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Resilient and assertive
- Energetic and personable
How to Apply
- One page covering letter to describe what you can bring to the EPIC team in this position.
In the first instance please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include salary expectations.