Area: Leadership Team
Closing Date: 8th March 2019
Contract: Permanent (Full-time)
Who We Are
EPIC Risk Management is an award-winning, independent, gambling harm minimisation consultancy.
Our company philosophy – “to make gambling safer and fairer for all” is at the heart of everything we do, ensuring that we create maximum value and impact for our clients. We believe that we have the best client base in the business, including the likes of Kindred Group, New Zealand Rugby, the Professional Cricketers Association, Sky Betting and Gaming, The English Football League, the British Army, Chelsea FC and more recently GVC Holdings. We work professionally, discreetly and effectively in improving processes, ensuring sustainability and providing high quality risk management and education services.
Our work has been recognised with both social and business awards, including recent accolades from Lloyds Bank National Business Awards, NatWest Great British Entrepreneurs Awards and social recognition through both UnLtd and Big Issue Invest.
Our ethos is simple – we only employ brilliant people who do brilliant work and are brilliant to work with. We need people like this within our team to ensure we continue to deliver truly outstanding work for our clients and grow accordingly. It is our belief that amazing work can only be achieved with diversity of minds and thoughts, and an inclusive culture that allows everyone to bring their true selves to work.
To attract and develop great people we also need great managers and this role will be crucial in developing our position in the RET market as part of the new National Gambling Strategy and with clients across the highest risk sectors for gambling harms.
Purpose of Job
We are looking for an exceptional Research & Insight Officer. Gambling related harms are on the rise and EPIC are the leaders in harm minimisation programmes across the highest risk sectors – professional sport, financial services, the armed forces, the criminal justice system and education. We also work with gambling operators who have truly demonstrated they want to improve their sustainability and consumer protection standards.
This role is important for several reasons:
- You will work closely with EPIC’s facilitators to ensure data is collected robustly within a research framework.
- You will evaluate responses and present them in a professional manner to ensure that EPIC maintains a key position in the RET picture in the UK and internationally.
- Act as a bridge to our research partners, some of the leading academic institutions in the UK and internationally.
- Ensure that you research all changes to the gambling RET world in both the UK and internationally and disseminating this information internally to the EPIC team but also presenting for EPIC at external events.
- Providing professional updates of all research projects in a professional way and in report form.
- You need to demonstrate a clear passion for reducing gambling related harms.
- Understanding how to manage relationships.
- Understand our clients and be able to manage smooth delivery of research projects.
- Spotting opportunities within the business for grants or funding and write professional tender documents.
- Identify opportunities for awards and standard marks to add further credibility to EPIC’s work.
- Report professionally up to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team.
- Substantial experience in research, research support administration and evaluation.
- MS Office Skills – particularly, strong PowerPoint, Excel and reporting skills.
- Outstanding communication and speaking skills. Confident public speaker.
- Positive, proactive, solution driven – always thinking one step ahead.
- Document and presentation writing skills should be strong – you should deliver relevant, quality work of a high standard within timescales.
- Demonstrable evidence that you can lead projects.
- Up to date knowledge of gambling industry and passion to keep informed.
- Experience of creating and delivering projects or education programmes.
- Media trained and comfortable representing the business at external events.
- Strong numeracy skills demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of funding systems.
- Knowledge of internal and external ethics requirements.
- Passion for delivering excellent service to clients
- Collaborative approach to work
- Flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Flexible team player with the ability to support colleagues
- Energetic and personable
- Demonstrable commitment to EPIC’s beliefs, values and strategy
How to Apply
- One page covering letter to describe what you can bring to the EPIC team in this position.
In the first instance please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include salary expectations.