Area: Leadership Team
Closing Date: 8th March 2019
Contract: Permanent (Full-time)
Who We Are
EPIC Risk Management is an award-winning, independent, gambling harm minimisation consultancy.
Our company philosophy – “to make gambling safer and fairer for all” is at the heart of everything we do, ensuring that we create maximum value and impact for our clients. We believe that we have the best client base in the business, including the likes of Kindred Group, New Zealand Rugby, the Professional Cricketers Association, Sky Betting and Gaming, The English Football League, the British Army, Chelsea FC and more recently GVC Holdings. We work professionally, discreetly and effectively in improving processes, ensuring sustainability and providing high quality risk management and education services.
Our work has been recognised with both social and business awards, including recent accolades from Lloyds Bank National Business Awards, NatWest Great British Entrepreneurs Awards and social recognition through both UnLtd and Big Issue Invest.
Our ethos is simple – we only employ brilliant people who do brilliant work and are brilliant to work with. We need people like this within our team to ensure we continue to deliver truly outstanding work for our clients and grow accordingly. It is our belief that amazing work can only be achieved with diversity of minds and thoughts, and an inclusive culture that allows everyone to bring their true selves to work.
To attract and develop great people we also need great managers and this role will be crucial in developing our position in the RET market as part of the new National Gambling Strategy and with clients across the highest risk sectors for gambling harms.
Purpose of Job
EPIC’s Safer Gambling Team is responsible for promoting a culture of compliance and sustainability for our clients; we are the UK and indeed Europe’s leading consultancy in reducing gambling related harm. We aim to equip and support our clients to identify and manage key areas of compliance; AML – Source of funds, Safer Gambling Training, Customising and Optimising Customer Interactions and Risk Compliance, Policy and Procedure Development.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Liaising with and assisting key clients around all aspects of Responsible Gambling, including customer interactions, compliance, AML, risk compliance, policy and procedure development.
- Supporting the Safer Gambling Manager in planning and delivering education and training as above, to all existing and new key industry clients.
- Keeping up to date with and updating all staff with new Responsible Gambling policies and procedures that come into force from the regulators in different countries.
- Working closely with other members of the safer gambling team.
- Working with product and development teams to improve, maintain and establish tools and measures to support the Responsible Gambling programme
- Collating the data capture from all education and training sessions delivered and working closely with our Research and Insight Officer and partner universities around evaluation.
- Development of a programme of coaching and training for internal staff.
- Developing and managing relationships with key internal stakeholders, such as Directors, CEO, Operations Manager and heads of departments.
- Promoting and developing EPIC’s relationships with regulatory bodies and clients.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior experience in the field of responsible gambling / safer gambling / gambling industry experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of gambling regulation and research around the prevention of gambling-related harm.
- Demonstrable experience developing, and delivering on, a strategic plan.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience of working with high profile clients.
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to manage a high volume of tasks.
- People management, and/or coaching skills / training facilitation.
- Ability to interface professionally and effectively with regulators, legal advisors & external companies.
- Ability to think out of the box, investigate and resolve problems efficiently
- Specific AML, Compliance and Responsible gambling training
- Media trained and comfortable representing the business at external events.
- Passion for delivering excellent service to clients
- Collaborative approach to work
- Flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to learn and develop Resilient and assertive
- Energetic and personable
How to Apply
- One page covering letter to describe what you can bring to the EPIC team in this position.
In the first instance please send the above to email@example.com
Please include salary expectations.